Summer
I'm so behind with my blog... there's like a million things I'm suppose to blog about, but I haven't gotten around to yet..... so since I just finished going through my GRE vocab cards (will be discussed later), I'm taking a well-deserved break to write a long, long blog
So going back a few weeks to our girls night out.... good good times. Our coffee nights have been a massive success and I'm glad we all stuck with it regardless of the work that had to be done that night (read: esc presentations). I am looking forward to many more coffees next year and in the future =)
It's kind of hard to believe that third year is over and this nightmare called Eng Sci will soon FINALLY be done with. And we're all gonna be splitting up for good (well, Em split early... way to go Em =P), going who knows where. In a way, it's exciting (I've been looking up grad schools in California), but at the same time, it's scary. Everything and everyone I know is here and starting somewhere new and unknown is daunting. But I rather be afraid than to wish I had done it some time down the road.
Summer has been interesting in the sense that nothing has really changed for me, but everyone else is gone. I'm still living at the same place, I'm still going to campus everyday.... but there's no roommate when I go back home and there's no one hanging out in the atrium to have lunch with. Don't get me wrong, I like this whole free time thing after work and the stuff I'm doing is challenging and I'm still trying to get a hang of it.... it just doesn't quite feel like UT. But I've always known that what made school skule was the people.
So my plans for the summer (well, till June, when I get booted out of my place and become a commuter.. *sigh*) are to take the GRE (hence the vocab cards.... which dammit, is hard. damn me and my crappy vocabulary. good thing the quantitative part is a joke), take a pilates class (wooooo... I start on Monday!), do a bunch of psych experiments (to earn money! wOOt), take advantage of TO cheap summer events (read: cheap date) and generally get more involved in and around campus (notably at TWH.... where I will be attending TWO meetings on the 25th of May. I better be getting a free dinner out of this). That's the great thing about summer... I can get involved and do stuff and not feel guilty about it. It's awesome.
Anyway, I've gone on long enough..... I will attempt to keep you more updated with my summer fun. Or something.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home