Last term!!!
I've been blogging lots this week because, to be entirely honest, I've been SOOOOOOOOOOO lazy. What did I do today? I went to class (no skipping yet), I thought about working on thesis, I finally sent an email after realizing I don't understand the data I've been given for thesis (I actually knew that before I started thinking about working on thesis, but my new thing for this year is to think about doing something for about 2 hours before finally doing it) and I went to Second City (which is a really really good comedy show, highly recommended). In any case, my brain is still clearly on Christmas holiday.
I just wanted to blog about how excited I am that it is my last term at skule. My LAST term. Yay! We already have an iron ring meeting next week and the date for the iron ring ceremony has been confirmed. I also can't help thinking that about all the "last's" we're going to have -- the last time we have reading week, the last time we have midterms, the last time we hang out at the atrium for lunch, etc. Of course, I could totally be back here for grad school next year, but it'll be different. And if I am back here, I plan on showing off my iron ring to all the PEY-ers. Because I'm so nice like that ;)
Of course I'm still thinking about what I'm going to be doing next year. I *think* (I hope) I've figured out what I would like to study if I did grad school. I'm not particularly excited about this whole grad school thing (I still think I would prefer to work before going back to school), so I won't be terribly disappointed if I don't get in. The whole grad school process is a pain in the butt (I still need to email the profs that said they'll be my references back!!!), especially the personal statement. How am I suppose to know exactly what I want to research if I've never done it before, if I only have a vague idea of what I can research??
Oh well. It'll be an interesting last term in the least. A crazy one too, likely. The good news is my first term marks came back and I did fairly well, so that's good news for grad school (assuming they look at first term marks). And it's motivation for me to work hard this term too (which I will... I swear... I'm not always lazy........ o_O)


3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yeah...you did smoke me at GRK myth. So THAT means...you owe me a dinner! or something.
And don't forget...if you have nothing else to do for next year...it's not too late to join me in seminary.
WHat? Who said that? Must've been God...or not..(note. I am not making any claims to be God or any such Divine Agent. I'm not a heretic.)
/end transmission
Uh huh. Holy Spirit action, I'm sure.
Actually, since I smoked you in Greek myth, you owe ME dinner. Or you owe me dinner because you have no exams. Or you owe me dinner because I said so.
Whichever.
Post a Comment
<< Home