Friday, January 06, 2006

Thoughts for the New Year

I just read a bunch of blogs where everyone wrote about Christmas and the New Year and such, so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and do the same. woohoo! Plus I haven't blogged in ages... hahaha.

The last December turned out to be the easiest exam schedule I had ever had, with a grand total of 3 exams spread out over 3 weeks. I had 11 days between my second exam and my last exam. Unfortunately, that led to complete and utter boredom and frustration, which led to me posting handwritten notes all around the apartment. You can ask my roommates. They'll vouch for my craziness.

After exams finally finished (emphasis on finally, because I got out on the 20th -- at 9pm!), I volunteered to help my sister with her charity giftwrapping at the mall. And if exams didn't kill my Christmas spirit, this surely did. It's hard to get into the Christmas spirit of giving and good cheer when the person takes one look at the wrapping paper and says it's "ugly-ass" and then proceeds to complain the entire time. Dude, if you don't like it, you can go down to the freaking dollar store and wrap your own damn gift. I didn't say it -- but I wanted to. And not that everybody was terrible, some were very nice, -- just a lot of them were. And they are the ones that make the good stories.

If anything, seeing the ugliness of the captialism of Christmas really makes me cringe. People are no nicer during Christmas time than any other time -- they are just grubbier, angrier and more impatient. I'm not saying that I'm embodying the true spirit of Christmas -- I like gifts and presents and shopping, but I'm thinking that I can do without it if it means not dealing with pushy shoppers who seem to think that their gifts come before anything else.

The rest of my Christmas break wasn't bad -- I got to catch up with old friends, spend time with my family, not be in school -- all the good things about the holiday. I'm back in school in... *sigh*.... 3 days... and I think it's going to be my busiest school term yet. I may have taken on too much, but I think I'll regret it if I don't. I will try to blog more -- I want to have some record of how the next 4 months are going to be like, cuz I'm sure it's going to fly by. In 2 months, I'll be getting my iron ring and in 4 months, I'll be done with skule!

woohoo!

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Andeeeeeeeee said...

agh...you and me...taken on too muchos on top of skule...so scary =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home