Friday, August 19, 2005

The Struggle to Share

As summer winds down to an end, I think I'll remember this summer as pre- and post-revelation. I feel so fortunate that God has opened my eyes, ears and heart to His Word and His Will. There's so much that I have learned this summer regarding faith, life, friendship and God and yet, there's still so much more that I still have to learn. And one of the things that has plagued and hindered me has been the ability to share God's Word in my life.

Even now, as I'm trying to write about God's place in my life, as I'm trying to open up, I'm still struggling to find the words. Do I want to talk about why I'm struggling? Do I want to talk about why it's important to share the Word? Do I even really know the answers to these questions?

I struggle because I have the words, but I don't know how to convey them. I struggle because I feel like I should be doing more, saying more, but I worry no one will listen. I struggle most of all because I'm scared to fail.

I ask God for the strength to overcome my human weaknesses because knowing God means nothing unless I can show others what I know. Living a life worthy of my calling is done through many means, one of which is vocalizing my faith and what God has taught me. I cannot know God on my own, because, as we talked about in mass yesterday, it's easy to misinterpret His Will. We cannot grow alone.

So I invite all of you who are reading this to come talk to me, talk to others, about God, so we can all grow together in our faith.

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Graymond said...

I'm going to type fast because I don't know how much time I have left...

this thunderstorm-tornado-watch is really playing havoc with the wireless connection.

Anyways, I already have witnessed your struggle to share what you're feeling and what God's been putting on your heart. And that has been a massive step for you.

and this blog has been another massive step for you.

argh, time running out. Must give...BIG UPS!

Keep up the GRrrrrreat work Peg-mobile.

and as a not about speaking out about your faith, and speaking in faith and fearing against that...

Matthew 10.
check it.
yo.

I be out. Before the storm knocks me out.
werd

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger tarsaye said...

Keep it rolling Peggy. We're here behind you, in front of you, but most of all, right there beside, walking the long road hand in hand with you, as uncertain, and certain, and scared, and unafraid as you are.

Which reminds me...we still have to have the revelation talk.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger abelianalien said...

revelation talk? 7 headed dragons and the like? COOOOOL
anyways
it's true, p-fobble. dunno why it is that it's so difficult to talk about God..maybe because it's such an internalized experience we have of him, or maybe because catholics tend to veer away from demonstrative faith...to end up at the opposite extreme. but you're right...this is something we should share, and should learn to share...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home