An Update!
So I've decide to change my blog's template (the pink was driving me a little nuts), and I'm not really the biggest fan of this one, so I'll keep it for now until I get bored and change it again. Unfortunately, I've lost all my links to other blogs, sooo... I'll have to figure out how to link that again another time.
What can I say...
Being a grad student is kind of weird. I've mostly been taking classes so far, so it doesn't really feel all that different, so far. But I'm aware that I'm in this new stage in my life, a transitional
stage, and I keep wondering how to make the "most" out of it before the next stage comes along (in 2 years). I feel a little consumed with thinking about whether I've picked up too little or too much, trying to pinpoint where I want to be in 2 years time so I can do as much as I can to ease the transition from school to... wherever that is.
I have a couple of ideas, some that are a bit of a long shot and may end up being an ultimate goal... but things are so fuzzy, it's hard to even develop them further. It's not like I can start applying for things now. It's a test of faith and a part of me even doubts that what God wants for me will be the same as what I want for me.
So I guess that's what has been on my mind of late... but I heard this really great quote yesterday that said "If you are what you should be, you would set the whole world on fire". Which, if you think about, where fire is aligned more with passion and Spirit, is really quite incredible. I mean, I know I want to make a difference in the world -- but what St. Catherine of Siena (who said the above) says is making a difference has less to do with doing and more to do with being. So maybe my priorities are all mixed up and what I really need to be focusing on is who God wants me to be, who He intends for me to become, rather than what He expects me to do. Because one really just flows out of the other.
That's my current thought at the moment... hopefully I'll blog again soon with what I've been up to these past few months (a preview: bombing tests/quizzes, outreach small group, TWH, thesis, Newman and all sorts of other fun stuff. ;) )


2 Comments:
ooooh
it's a contemporary blog-template.
kekekekekek
P__^
he's got a monocole.
Do you seriously set out to have me rag on your spelling/definitions? I love it because I'm an engineer and it BOTHERS you, RAYMOND! "Monocle."
Anywho...back to Peggy -- great post, Peggy, I'm going to sit here at work and ponder that quotation and what you had to say about it...
Post a Comment
<< Home