Dining at the top of the world!
Ray and I decided to celebrate our one year anniversary in style by hitting up the most expensive restaurant in the GTA..... the 360 at the top of the CN tower. And let me tell you, it was worth every penny. The food? Fantastic. The service? Surperb. The view? Breathtaking.
First of all, when you dress nicely and you go to the CN tower, you are automatically classified differently by the hundreds of tourists they see daily. They assume you're going to the 360 and they assume you have money (thank UT for your numerous psych studies, for which this trip would have never been made possible) You get special treatment all the way up to the elevator. In fact, you get to go ahead of the tourists waiting in line to get on the elevator. haha chumps! And their staff when you actually get up there? NICE NICE NICE NICE!! Best service I've EVER had. And I'm picky.
The tables all revolve, so when you get up, you should know what number your section is. Don't worry, because the wait staff will remind you when you get up. And tell you when you go the wrong way in your section (which I did and my waiter told me where I was actually sitting.. hahhaha). The view was magnificent. I tried to find my apartment (I didn't see it, but I did see the Manulife). Ray and I took a detour down to the observation deck and saw a bird-eye's view of the baseball game happening in the skydome. Cooooooooooooool.
On to the food. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Here's what we got: (to share)
THE GRAND PLATTER:A chilled two tiered platter of fresh Canadian seafood
1/2 of a 1 1/2 lb Lobster
4 Malpeque oysters
1/2 dozen shrimp
Bay scallop, baby shrimp and calamari salad
1 dozen marinated PEI Mussels
1/4 lb of queen crab legs
Smoked Atlantic salmon
Smoked trout and mackerel
We didn't even finish it, it was so much food. But being the gluttons that we are, we decided to finish the night off with dessert
CHOCOLATE THREE WAYS
Dark chocolate passion fruit mousse
Chocolate hazelnut torte with Kahlúa crème Anglaise
Lindt milk chocolate ice cream with pomegranate syrup
SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!
Don't ever ask us how much the bill was. It was worth it. =D


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home