Friday, July 15, 2005

MATLAB: Infinity, Peggy: 0..........

ARGH! It's a Friday afternoon, I've been DYING to get off work since like 2pm today and all I want to do is finish this one teeny tiny little thing on MATLAB before I go.

But MATLAB hates me and thwarts me at every turn.

Now, maybe I'm just dumb (likely) and I don't like to read instructions carefully (I'm more of the skip to the end and look at the examples to see what a function actually does sort of girl)... BUT... if I'm doing the SAME thing to different matrices that are of the SAME type and ALL that is different are the values inside (ie. 32 instead of 30), in theory, I can use the same functions and expect similar results, right?

WRONG.

I'm suppose to process a bazillion images and after stumbling blindly through MATLAB help (their search engine is crap), I finally completed all the processing for ONE image. And I thought, whew, all the hard stuff is done now. I just need to do this about a bazillion - 1 times. Tedious, yes. Hard? No.

WRONG.

Now, when I attempt to do the same thing (and I know it's the same thing, thanks to the handy dandy Command History Window), I get all these random errors I've never seen before. And don't know what they mean. What do you mean my dimensions aren't right? They were the same dimensions from before!! And what exactly is the difference between mean and mean2 anyway?? Why does it work with one and not the other??

So many questions.

So my current solutions is to shut down and try again. And maybe, by luck or fluke, it will work this time. But probably not when I want it to work.. say.. RIGHT NOW.

Screw it, I'm going home.

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Graymond said...

maybe you should change your blog name to SO ANGRY!
bwahahaha

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

in the words of emily....

...... screw you man.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger abelianalien said...

Why do you even bother commenting on each other's blogs? Can't you just turn around and say what you're thinking?

(*for the slow one (ie: CLONE): implication is that you're always together*)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

we are NOT always together. And I'm going to borrow emily's infamous words again... screw you man. ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home