Ready to Move
These past few weeks have been fraught with an uncertainty that I'm not used to... I'm so used to seeing right in front of me that my vision has been obscured by blinders. I'm so used to accepting what I'm lacking right now that months down the road I acknowledge that I am still lacking, but I haven't actually made any progress at all. I'm so used to doing and going as fast as I can that I can't figure out that I'm actually moving in circles.
Well, the blinders have been lifted and I'm scared to look around and I'm even more scared I'll make the same mistakes again. What does this all mean? This is beyond what I do with my life, beyond my impact on the world, beyond my relationships with others. This goes to the core of who I am, at the end of the day, before my Almighty Lord, who knows me better than I know myself. We are the delight of Christ and He desires for us to be truly who we are. He desires for us to stop hurting one another and escape the reigns of oppression. He desires for us act in His name, to live as He did and to give and love with all of ourselves. We are called to act justly, love mercy and to walk humbly (Micah 6:8). But I'm pretty damn sure that we can't do any of that to its full potential without looking closely at ourselves.
So I'm ready to move. Move deeper into my relationship with God and connect more fully with Him... and myself. I'm beginning to appreciate all the graces and disciplines of the Catholic Church; they will help on the onset of this leg of the journey. I know He's moving me, like a player in His master plan and I can only pray for the humility to be part of something more glorious than anything I could ever achieve on my own.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home